Executive Coaching, Leadership Coaching, Team Coaching, Karen Fugle, Coaching London, Executive Coaching London, Team Coaching London, Leadership Coaching London, LEGO Serious Play, LEGO Serious play London, Architect Coach, Coaching Architects, AEC Coach, Architecture coach, Business coach
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."
Team coaching helps teams function at more than a sum of its parts. The dynamics of a team can be multilayered and complex in context, power, relationships, and covert and overt processes. Yet a team that works well appears simple in comparison; trust is evident, conflict is healthy and team members are mindful of the needs of themselves and of others. Teams are often caught up in the 'task' and need help to reflect on how they are functioning and operating.
Download my flyer on Team Coaching
Initial exploratory discussions: We start with a conversation about your team and look at useful questions such as:
- What is the team being asked to step-up and achieve?
- Whose idea was it? Is everyone in agreement?
- Have you had team development before? What worked, didn't work?
- Who else should we be talking to?
Inquiry: We begin with conversations and questionnaires with the leader of team and with each individual in the team: to understand the key objectives, how the team operates, and areas of concern or improvement.
Discovery: We then discuss the collated data, use observation, feedback and specific interventions to look at group dynamics and challenge conventions. The coach and team then co-create a coaching journey based on the team's findings and needs.
Listening, exploring, action, review: We work together on both interpersonal and task related aspects of teamwork and can focus on clarifying the team's mission and values, leadership or improving external and internal relationships.
Team coaching can include:
- Process Consulting - the coach attends a normal team meeting and helps the team reflect on how the team is functioning, and
- Communication Analysis - where the coach records specific data on how the team communicate.
- Strategy or development workshops using the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology can be used to develop your teams ability to generate insight and innovate, using 3D LEGO® model building as a basis for narrative.
What are the benefits of team coaching?
- Increase innovation and creativity
- Gain insight into the collective and individual strengths
- Develop an understanding of the group dynamics
- Enable the team to question and validate their own assumptions
- Increase trust in relationships by sharing concerns, fears and ideas
- Manage conflict to drive performance and remove barriers
- Improve communication across the team and external stakeholders
- Promote collective learning and accountability
Team coaching is effective when:
- You have a new team and want them to hit the ground running
- Your long-standing team has lost its sparkle and needs revitalisation
- You wish your team to provide a model for organisational change
- There are specific issues that need to be addressed collectively
Coaching enhances your team's effectiveness and helps individuals to recognise and work with the strengths of their peers. Learning and reflecting together creates a more focused environment which in turn fosters greater clarity and collective vision.
Contact Karen Fugle today to learn how team coaching can help you.
E. firstname.lastname@example.org M. +44 (0) 77628 11703