Executive Coaching, Leadership Coaching, Team Coaching, Karen Fugle, Coaching London, Executive Coaching London, Team Coaching London, Leadership Coaching London, LEGO Serious Play, LEGO Serious play London, Architect Coach, Coaching Architects, AEC Coach, Architecture coach, Business coach
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."
Team coaching helps teams function at more than a sum of its parts. The dynamics of a team can be multilayered and complex in context, power, relationships, and covert and overt processes. Yet a team that works well appears simple in comparison; trust is evident, conflict is healthy and team members are mindful of the needs of themselves and of others. Teams are often caught up in the 'task' and need help to reflect on how they are functioning and operating.
Download my flyer on Team Coaching
What are the benefits of team coaching?
- Clarify the team vision and goals as well as defining boundaries and roles
- Increase innovation and creativity
- Gain insight into the collective and individual strengths
- Develop an understanding of the group dynamics
- Increase trust in relationships by sharing concerns, fears and ideas
- Manage conflict to drive performance and remove barriers
- Improve communication across the team and external stakeholders
- Address specific issue that are impacting on the teams performance
- Enhance the team’s ability to respond to challenges and opportunities and become more resilient
Team Coaching is based around five key stages of development. Although structured, it is a flexible approach that reflects the reality of influences, challenges and environmental shifts that are inherent with teams in the construction sector.
Stage 1 Enquiry
Starting with 1:1 conversations and/or questionnaires, we uncover the various factors affecting the team environment. We then come together to discuss the collated data and the coach and team co-create a coaching journey based on the team's findings and needs.
Stage 2 Set-up
We cover the three steps that are critical to establishing team trust and a collaborative environment and enable the team to be clear on how they will work together.
- Rules of Engagement and Collaborative Behaviour
- Vision and Values
- Feedback and ROI
Stage 3 Action
For the team to adopt effective work patterns, we look at the processes, routines and activities that maintain clear communication, encourage dialogue and ensure clarity of understanding.
Stage 4 Resilience
So that teams learn to thrive under pressure we take a look at managing relationship conflict, monitor stress and improve collective resilience.
Stage 5. Improve
We look at how the learning is embedded and feeds back in the wider system, and establish an environment to innovate and improve.
Team coaching can include:
- Process Consulting - the coach attends a normal team meeting and helps the team reflect on how the team is functioning, and
- Communication Analysis - where the coach records specific data on how the team communicate.
- Strategy or development workshops using the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology can be used to develop your teams ability to generate insight and innovate, using 3D LEGO® model building as a basis for narrative.
Team coaching is effective when:
- You have a new team and want them to hit the ground running
- Your long-standing team has lost its sparkle and needs revitalisation
- You wish your team to provide a model for organisational change
- There are specific issues that need to be addressed collectively
Coaching enhances your team's effectiveness and helps individuals to recognise and work with the strengths of their peers. Learning and reflecting together creates a more focused environment which in turn fosters greater clarity and collective vision.
Contact Karen Fugle today to learn how team coaching can help you.
E. firstname.lastname@example.org M. +44 (0) 77628 11703