- Time: 3 hrs
- People: tbc
- Location: Herman Miller Ltd
61 Aldwych, London, WC2B 4AE, England
- Eventbrite: HERE
This workshop is run in conjunction with NAWIC (National Association of Women in Construction) and takes you step by step through using the Business Model Canvas as a tool for strategising, innovating and clarifying your business model.
We start our own businesses, not because we are great at business, but because we are good at what we do and need the flexibility or autonomy to work the way we want to. It is said that about 60% of architects don’t have a business plan and this might extend to a lot of small business owners!
A Business Model Canvas is a visual way of documenting your business model. It is a chart with elements describing your business’s value proposition, infrastructure, customers, and finances. This quick 2 min video will give you an overview of the 9 building blocks of your business.
Using the Canvas to look at your business, delivers three things:
· Focus: Stripping away pages of written ‘stuff’ in a traditional business plan, the BMC gives you a strategic overview, helping you to focus on what’s driving your business and highlighting what is non-essential
· Flexibility: It’s a lot easier to tweak your business model and try things (from a planning perspective) with a visual overview that’s sitting on a single page.
· Transparency: Your team will have a much easier time understanding your business model and be much more likely to buy in to your vision when they can see it clearly before them.
If you work in a visual industry, such as construction, a visual canvas of your business makes sense and allows us to ‘work ON our business’ – often in the areas that we have the least experience and confidence.
In this workshop you will:
- Clarify your business vision
- Use the canvas to understand the reality of your business structure right now
- Find and review the gaps in your business strategy
- Discover how to use your canvas to address business priorities, innovate and niche