- Time: 3 hrs
- Location: Herman Miller Ltd
61 Aldwych, London, WC2B 4AE, England
- Eventbrite: Register HERE
This is a workshop run in association with NAWIC (National Association of Women in Construction).
WHY PERSONAL RESILIENCE?
In the construction industry we read and hear about designing for resilient cities or how to incorporate resilience as a design objective. We are constantly reminded of how important this is in times of economic downturn, natural disasters, resource fluctuations and other events worldwide. I'd like to bring this back to a personal level so that resilience is first understood in terms of the individual.
My work with coaching clients has an underlying thread of increasing resilience and it makes a huge difference to how we recover, move forward and how quickly. There will always be challenges that knock us for six in our career - such as promotion, redundancy, illness, new job or stretching out of our comfort zone.
Knowing where your resilience strengths and weakness lie, is important in an industry where the retention of women in senior roles is especially significant.
This workshop is a relaxed in-depth look at your resilience levels and will help to equip you with the knowledge that future challenges will be faced with more courage, strength and wisdom.
- Understand what resilience is and is not
- Score themselves on the resilience questionnaire
- Understand the language of resilience
- Understand the the 5 capabilities of resilience
- Understand the link between identity and resilience
- Take a reflective look at resiliency in action
- Practice strategies for resiliency gain